Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Glad all over.

I'm like some bloke watching his rivals kill each other off while doing almost nothing myself other than my normal work week to advance my cause. Sort of a footballing Francis Urquhart. Last night Wolves lost to WBA to leave themselves 3 points behind the 6th and final play-off place which Palace currently occupy. Wolves still have a game in hand but since they are also 9 goals off our goal difference it would seem that, for the first time this season, making the play-offs is entirely in our own hands.

We have Hull and Watford, both of whom are above us, to play away from home over the next 2 weeks and then finish up with a final home game against Burnley. The team is shockingly young, with the likes of Clinton Morrison looking like an old stager at this pint. Victor Moses, Sean Scannell (Irish u21) and the lads we've brought in on loan, in particular Scott Sinclair looking like they have real quality. He really stands out as a prospect and reminds me of a young Mr Ashley Cole that we had on loan about 8 years ago. I doubt Chelsea will let us have him long term.

No comments: